Friday, March 5, 2010

I Love Little Diaper Bums! :)

A couple of weeks ago now, Darren had tubes put in and his adnoids taken out due to chronic ear infections and colds/coughs that would last forever! The poor kid was becoming immune to zithromax (the strongest antibiotic the dr would give him) since he was on it all the time. He pretty much had ear infection non-stop from Thanksgiving until the middle of February when the tubes were put in. The doctor that performed the surgery is semi-retired, so Darren's procedure was scheduled, it was not for 6 weeks! That is WAAYYY too much time for this Mommy to stress about things that I know are never going to happen-like "what happens if he dies from anesthesia????? I can't lose him!!" and all those completely not necessary thought. Of course these would ususally occur when I was laying in bed, unable to sleep and my brian would wander....and I would usually end of crying. (Those close to me know that Tiff cries REALLY easy when she's tired!! :)) My wonderful, VERY practical husband was tired of my nonsense and commented "Tiff, we are more likely to get killed on the way there than he is dying from anesthesia"....THANK YOU OH THOU WONDERFUL COMFORTER-that SOO did NOT help!!!! Anyway, it all turned out fine. He did great when I had to pass him off to the nurse **Sniff** I only got a little teary, but held it together admirably as well! He was a little wierd coming out of anesthesia-very restless and even I couldn't settle him down. As a last resort, I started to softly sing to him-we were in a curtained room and I am NOT a good singer, so softly was the key!! :) I sang the song I used to sing to him when he was a baby and INSTANTLY he calmed down and went to sleep. It was...I don't know the word..wierd, surprising, wonderful...??? He woke up a little later and was very restless again. I asked him if he wanted a drink (NO!) Daddy (NO!) and it dawned on me..Do you want me to sing again?? Yep, that's what he wanted and he settled right back down to sleep! Awwwww...It's such a good feeling knowing that when my baby is not feeling right and doesn't know what's going on, all it takes is my song and he is relaxed again-I love being a Mom! :) How cute is that...This is playing in the toy room waiting for surgery. I loved his little diper bum peeking out from his gown (which he was NOT at all happy about wearing!)
Waiting to go see "Dr. Rover" (aka Dr. Rotenberg) and get his "ears fixed w/ a screwdriver" (not really, but that's what he would always say-screwdrivers ARE for fixing things, ya know!)
After the operation, finally drinking some juice, but ONLY out of the new Lightning McQueen cup we bought (for the sole purpose of enticing drinking!!) He was still pretty out of it at this point, but I am happy to report that he is doing wonderful and even has a cold, but no ear infections-HOORAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment