Monday, February 27, 2012

How to Get a Girlfriend...4 Year Old Style

So the other day, I pick D up from preschool and ask him how his day was. Being his father's son, he replied "fine" and that was that! However, on this day my usual second question provided some interesting news! I asked him who he played with and he replied "my girlfriend".  Very nonchalant, like ya know...this happens every day. 
Me: So a girlfriend, huh?  Was this a friend that just happened to be a girl or a GIRLFRIEND?
D (continuing to be very matter of fact): a girlfriend
Me:hmmm, ok.  What is her name?
D: ummmm...I have no idea
And that was the end of that.  BUT he continues to insist that she is his girlfriend.  We finally found out her name when he pointed her out on the class picture. The best part tho, is figuring out how you get a girlfriend when you are 4.  I overheard this conversation yesterday (they didn't know I was listening)
Ellie: So that's your girlfriend huh?
Darren: Yep.  Know how I got a girlfriend Ellie?
E: How?
D: Well, we were at school and I asked her if she wanted to play with me.  She said yes, (little shrug of his shoulders) so now she's my girlfriend!
LOL! LOVE it!  So, Darren now has a girlfriend that he didn't know her name and I'm PRETTY sure that she doesn't have a clue...

I must add a note to this post however.  A couple weeks ago, my son developed a little crush on "his friend" as he calls her.  I asked him this morning who he liked better, his girlfriend or his friend.  Without hesitation, he got the biggest grin on his face and said "Mom, I like Tina best. Know why Mom? Cuz I like her and she likes me!" So Tina, you are still #1! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment