Friday, September 16, 2011

"Where are we going? (Clap Clap Clap) To the Jungle!"

So I'm on FB and a friend's status is "I'm the map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map..." you get the idea. For those of you who may not "get it" this is the song from Dora. This reminded me of a story that I thought you, my lovely followers, might enjoy.
So the other day my kids were playing Dora. They found a little mat thing that you can drive cars on, you know like it has roads and stuff on it? So they had the mat and that was their map. They were walking up and down the halls singing "Where are we going? (clap, clap, clap) To the (fill in the blank, wherever they were going)". I thought it was pretty cute but didn't think too much of it-hey they were happy and playing nicely together, so I was happy! I was cleaning up the kitchen, which is seems I do ALL day-how is that possible???? ANYHOO, Darren walks in with a screw and said "Here Mommy, this came out of the wall". I hadn't heard anything crash, so I didn't think too much of it and went about my business. All of a sudden I hear Sam holler "WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!" I run to the living room where my living room curtains are hanging precariously-one end of the rod is completely off the wall (hence the screw my son brought to me) and the other end is just about there. I just about had heart failure. Long Story Short-they were playing Dora and were in the Jungle. Everyone knows that in the jungle there are vines and you have to swing on them, right? We we seem to have a shortage of vines in our house at the present time, so the next logical thing is the living room curtains, right?!?!?!? Oh my dear...what a disaster. They got in trouble, but sercretly, inside I was kind of proud of their creativity! :) Let's just hope that next time they find a "vine" outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment