Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thanks to a Stranger

Dear Stranger in front of me today at Wal-Mart:
I know you will never see this, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated you today. You saw me with my 3 little munchkins-1 IN the cart, 1 BESIDE the cart, and 1 strapped to me-and didn't comment "oh my! You must have your hands full! Are they all yours?". Instead, you looked at me and smiled and then asked if I needed you to unload my cart. I think I was in shock but managed to reply that I would be fine, but thanks so much! You didn't stop there however-you then asked if I wanted you to wait with me and help me get my purchases out to my car! My hooligans were actually not being too bad (if you don't count Claire STANDING in the front of the cart-with no shoes on and VERY old socks that she INSISTED on wearing-reaching precariously for a little box of Goldfish-I don't so you shouldn't either) so I assured you that I was fine but thanks so much for offering! I turned around to finish unloading my cart and when I turned back around, you were gone. Almost like you had never been there-but I will never forget you. I promise you this though. Someday, when I actually go to Wal-Mart by myself :) and I see a mom with her busy little people, trying to keep them occupied while they are waiting in line, I will offer to help her unload her cart and carry them to her car. And I may even tell her about you, Mrs. Nameless Stranger who made this Mom's day. And if you see me again...please offer again. Just because I didn't need you today doesn't mean there aren't days that I HAVE to run to the store when I would rather just keep my tired babies at home. There will be times that I am THAT mom with THOSE kids who people "tsk tsk" at and I would rather just sit down in the aisle and cry as opposed to going through that check out. At those times, you really will be my heaven sent angel, so please-keep offering and someday, in your honor, I will do the same. Thanks Wal-Mart Lady-from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Aww - proves that there are still good people in this world. Such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete