Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Enjoying The Love of God

Sitting here rocking :) and trying to wait patiently for a call with Kai's MRI results. This morning I was a mess to be honest. I know part of it is nerves and part of it is that I am exhausted from the big day yesterday, but I am just so nervous, anxious, overwhelmed, slightly terrified, not sure what I am honestly....to hear the findings. I was kind of dinking around doing little odds and ends this morning and decided that the best thing I could do was read my Bible. I was just kind of flipping through Psalms and came to 103. Verse 11 says "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him." It struck me as I was sitting there-I am scared and nervous because I love my baby so much, but God's love for me is even greater. Sometimes I have to do things for Kai- things like shots, IVs and MRI's-things that he doesn't understand why I am allowing people to do that might hurt or be scary to him, but I allow them because I know that that's what's best for him. I love him so much and this is the process that needs to take place for him to be safe and healthy. The same way with God. He allows things to come into my life, even things that are scary and hurt me. He has a plan that is only with my best interest in mind because He loves me SO MUCH! I can't say that I immediately felt perfect, but my heart is much lighter. No matter what happens, I know that God has a plan and a purpose and whatever happens, I need to do as verse 1 says: "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His Holy name." So Happy Wednesday and my prayer is that you are enjoying the love of God and praising Him as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that Tiff! You're so right! I've got to read your other post on Kai. Hope all goes well for you today! ~Sarah C

    ReplyDelete