Monday, November 14, 2011

Not much to report...

Several people have asked recently, so thought I would do a quick update on here! We STILL have not heard from the pediatric neurosurgeon as to when Kai's appointment will be. I was driving myself crazy thinking about it and wanting to call the clinic every day until they gave me an appointment, but then I had a change of heart. The reason that we haven't heard is that Dr. Meneses' wife had to have surgery. He had to take several weeks off to care for her and then could only do his clinic times when his daughter could be with his wife. I finally realized that I needed to cool it because his family NEEDS to come before his job. He NEEDS to make his wife a priority over me and my baby. That was not an easy conclusion to come to, let me tell you that :) but I told myself that that means he must be a good guy if he takes good care of his wife right? :) I did call last Friday to see if they had heard anything and the very nice lady on the other end of the line told me that they have everything crosssed that they can possibly cross that he will let them know this week. She was very kind and assured me that it understandable that we would be getting anxious. They are so nice at that hospital. I have only met 2 people-1 doctor and 1 nurse that I wasn't overly fond of, but when you think of how many people we have dealt with throughout this whole ordeal, I think that's pretty great odds.
Meanwhile Little Man is growing with leaps and bounds. He is crawling all over the place and is starting to get brave enough to crawl out of the living room (mostly when he is trying to find me :)) on his own. He gets frustrated that he can't crawl as well on the kitchen floor since it isn't carpet but it's kind of funny, so we just let him go. He loves people-especially his siblings, even though they think it's fun to wrestle with him now. The kid eats like a trooper, and is a solid little bugger but when we went to the doctor for a well baby check, he was around the 50th percentile for both height and weight, although his head measured in the 97%! Big head, big brain right! :)
And speaking of siblings, I have to share a funny story with you:
So Claire has a My First Dollhouse, which she LOVES to play with. We had it down in the living room the other day and her and Darren were playing with it. Darren was of course the daddy, and Claire was the Mommy. Daddy, when he wasn't fixing things by banging his head like a hammer on them, seemed to spend a crazy amount of time on the toilet and hiding from Mommy (you know they say kids mimic what they see, so I had to check with Superdad to see if he was indeed hiding from me when he wasn't in the bathroom) while the Mommy was taking VERY good care of the baby and rearraging her kitchen table and chairs about 500 times (THAT Claire must get from her Aunt Heather b/c my kitchen table and chairs are in the same place they were when we moved here!). But anyhoo, back to the story. I was in the kitchen, listening, but not letting them see me and this is a paraphrase of what I overheard:
D: I'm going up on the roof Mommy!
C: Don't go up there Daddy! That's dangerous!
D: It's ok! I'm just going to go parachuting! Do you want to parachute too?
C: Oh Yeah, ok! That would be fun!
D: Bring the baby too! We could take her parachuting for her birthday!
C: Oh yeah! That would be fun! Ok Daddy, here we come!
...and so on! I got a smile out of that one! But remind me when Kai's birthday comes around, let's not let Darren and Claire plan his present....
Now that it's WAY past my bedtime, I need to head to bed. It was a crazy busy weekend around here. Friday, I did 13 (that's NOT a typo friends...13...I REALLY needed to get caught up...'nough said) loads of laundry, made a wal-mart list for the hubby of all the last minute party supplies, got stuff picked up and organized so that when Sam got home we all worked together and cleaned. Joe and Heather came to watch the Iowa game on Saturday, so they were here a little early which was super fun, and then the big party Saturday night for Ellie girl's birthday. That = late bedtime for super tired kids from all the excitement and fun. This morning up bright and early for meeting, then lunch at the hall and a baptism. Helped clean up, got home about 3:45, quick changed and took Ellie to dance. Dike Rec does a dance class for 6 weeks and some girls from the UNI dance team teach the little girls a routine. Today was their final class and then a "performance" for the parents, so my poor little kiddos got about a 40 minute nap before we had to be ready to go watch El. Then home for a quick "supper snack" as my kids say, changed again and headed to Gospel Meeting! Kiddos and hubby to bed means some much needed quiet time for Mom! I will probably need a nap tomorrow but that's ok-it's worth it for the few minutes of peace and quiet now! :)
So that's a quick (ok, so it turned into a not-so-quick) wrap up of the happening of our family. I will keep you posted on the status of the appointment for Kai. Thank you all for you concern and prayers. We appreciate them all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Your kid stories always make me smile! And thanks for sharing about your laundry, haha, doesn't make me feel so bad that I wait until we run out of underwear to wash a load..or 10. :)

    ReplyDelete