Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So proud of my kids...

I'm sorry-I'm just so proud of my kids, so I have to share how wonderful they are. I won't be offended if you stop reading.........


Ok, you kept reading, so here it goes :)

Tuesday Claire had to get tubes in her ears. She did FANTASTIC and was so brave throughout the whole thing. I was so proud of her being such a big girl. She has recovered great and was back to normal within a few hours! There was quite a bit of thick fluid in her ears so the doctor gave me some antibiotic drops to put in her ears for a few days. I'm sure it feels REALLY wierd, so obviously she is not so fond of me doing it to her. When I had to do Darren's when he had surgery, it was all out battle to get his drops in! When I say battle I mean battle-I had to almost lay on him to get him to hold still to put them in! Needless to say, I was not looking forward to doing it for Claire Bear!
So last night before bed, I got the drops out and readied myself for battle. However, I needn't have worried! Claire started to cry and protest when I said it was time for drops, and immediately her big sister and brother were there. Long story short, this is how we now to drops for Claire bear-she lays on the floor between my legs. Inevitably, she starts to whimper. One sibling or the other (usually Darren) says something to the effect of "remember ClaireB, it's just a tickle-it won't hurt-I PROMISE!" and SHE BELIEVES HIM! Ellie holds her hands and Darren rubs her back, and talks to her ("It's ok ClaireB, it's ok, almost done") while I do one ear. Then we all count to ten while I have to do a wierd thing to basically pump the medicine into her ear. Then she flips her head and Darren and Ellie switch roles. Darren holds her hands while Ellie rubs her back and talks to her. We count to ten again and then she's up. Both kids heap praise on her, telling her that she did such a great job,etc. This morning, Darren even gave her one of his stickers! This is all without ANY prompting from me! She wants so bad to be big like they are, so them telling her that she's doing a great job means so much more than if Mom just says it! I never have to call them-they just hear it's time for drops and spring into action! I'm so proud of them I could just burst! It's moments like this that I think maybe, just maybe they do listen when I tell them to be nice to each other! I guess in my mind, I LOVE it that they feel like it's their duty to help and protect their little sister. Moments like this seem to make it all worth it. It's just a little moment like that that keeps me going. Granted, they are all sleeping right now, and it's past my bedtime, so I'm allowed to feel sappy. If they were all awake and running around like hooligans, I might not feel the same.... :) Just kidding-they really are pretty cool kids.
*****************************
Darren told me the other day that he thinks that since Kai is the cutest baby ever, we should put him in a baby show. Those were his exact words. It just struck me as hillarious-I know what he meant, but in my mind a baby show is like a dog show, except with babies...think about how funny that would be....ok, like I said, it's past my bedtime.
****************************
Got some good news today! They called from Iowa City and we have an appointment with Dr. Meneses on Nov 30th-2 weeks from today. I am so relieved to finally have an appointment, but at the same time, it kind of brought back all those nervous feelings that had kind of lessened while we waited! We just keep praying for patience!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet how they loved on her :) I loved reading it. Hopefully the appointment goes well, praying for your peace.

    ReplyDelete