Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Amazing Encouragment Just When I Needed It!

So I'm sure you could tell from my last post that hearing that surgery was pushed back was not my best day.  It was just so hard.  I don't WANT him to go to surgery, but I just want it to be over and not have to stress about it anymore. His MRI was in OCTOBER so it's been a LOOONNGG wait!
I was laughing to myself the other day because I caught myself being surprised at God stepping in and putting the encouragement I needed right in front of me.  When will I learn to stop being surprised?!? :) I was reading a book that I got for free on my Kindle called "Daughter of Joy" by Kathleen Morgan (VERY good book btw). As I was reading, there was a section toward the end that caught my attention.  So much so that I copied it in my journal so that I can re-read it whenever I need it.  In view of a couple different friends that need a little encouragement as well, I thought I would share this with you.

*taken from "Daughter of Joy" by Kathleen Morgan*
"God always has a reason Abby.  It's just so hard sometimes for us to accept it". She smiled sadly. "Fear gets in the way, doesn't it? Fear of the great unknown, fear that God will require something that we cannot, or don't WANT to do. But we CAN Abby.  God never asks anything of us that HE doesn't give us sufficient strength to do.  And He never, EVER asks it unless its for our greater good."

"I know all of those things Ella." She sighed. "I just don't feel them in my heart anymore."

"Live them anyway," her friend admonished, a fierce light burning in her eyes. "Faith isn't grounded on emotions.  It's grounded on the will. It's grounded in the act of taking up your cross and following the Lord wherever He leads, through good times and bad, through dark days and happy ones. "

"We're not tested and tempered in good times, Abby." Ella released her hand and sat back in her chair. "Our true test," she said softly, "lies in the dark night of our despair."

**Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5**

This has been such an encouragement to me and again, God gave me just what I needed when I needed it the most.  This isn't to say that I don't still stress about Kai's surgery and the details that need to be taken care of that go along with it, but it's no longer the intense frustration so I consider that improvement!
Things seem to be falling into place nicely for when we are gone.  There are a few details that I need to get ironed out, but they are minor ones.  I don't think Darren and Claire really realize what's going on.  They just know they get to hang out with Grandma for a few days, but Ellie is a different story.  While she is looking forward to staying at Grandma Harbaugh's and hopefully riding the bus there :) she tells me everyday that she wishes we didn't have to go and that she will miss us.  Her teacher is WONDERFUL and has suggested that we e-mail each other throughout the day, so I think that will be nice for both of us! :) We have been planning skype dates and other stuff like that, so I think she will be fine, but if you wouldn't mind praying for my brave little girl that would be much appreciated as well. We are planning a "Mommy and Ellie" date to Panera and picking up the next Laura Ingalls Wilder book since her and Daddy are almost done with the 2nd one so maybe a little one on one time and some encouraging is all that she needs.
Thanks again for all the prayers and hope this encourages you and brightens your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment