Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Update

I wish you could see my little man now.  He really honestly looks like he is about 8 months pregnant.  It's funny but its not funny.  Poor little guy hasn't pooped since last Wednesday.  His little tummy is just so full it's pooching WAY out.  Even his innie belly button has turned into an outie. So far since last night, he has had 3 glycerine suppositories, 2 doses of milk of magnesia and 2 doses of Miralax and NOTHING has worked.  They just gave him an enema so we are just waiting for that to do it's thing and be prepared for the clean up!
He seems to be doing really good.  I think he was having some pain in his back where his incision is because of all the pressure in his tummy.  I think it really hurts to push so that's why he hasn't.  We are kind of in a catch 22 because he can't really rest because of his constipation and pain, but we can't really give him anything for the pain because that is what is causing the constipation! Right now he is crawling around in his bed and standing up holding on to the sides playing with Sam. It's proving to be kind of a challenge with all the iv and monitoring cords-he's yanked them out so many times (not the IV-that stays in thankfully) that I think they have kind of just given up until he's asleep. He's actually pretty wound up-I think it just feels so good to be up and playing.  He's not supposed to be up and shaking the sides of his crib like a wildman, but that is exactly what he is doing right now, so I'm guessing there will be more sedation coming his way soon. Hopefully this enema does its thing soon-I'm not sure what the next step will be if this doesn't work!
We had lots of company yesterday, so that was a nice distraction.  Trav and the boys came in the morning, then Eric and Ashley brought up some lunch for us and Joe and Heather came for the afternoon and hung out for a while which was nice. I stayed here at the hospital last night so Sam could get some good sleep at RMH.  Kai was really restless last night and seemed like everytime I just about fell asleep he woke up or they had to come mess with him for some reason and they he didn't want to sleep after they did!  *SIGH* He finally slept from about 3:30 to 6:30 and then Sam came around 9:30 and I went back to sleep for a while, so I am doing ok. Hoping for an early night tonight, but the only thing we know for sure is that we can be sure of nothing! :)

3 comments:

  1. Poor bebe:( Glad everything seems good so far. I'm sorry about the constipation issue, not fun. I know from a little experience with my youngest. Nothing like what Kai is experiencing though, I'm sure. I think of you often. How much longer are you there?
    Lorene W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for your little Kai. We can only half way relate, for quite some time our Alaina was not going very much eather. Now she is better, thank the Lord. Tiff, I'm sure you know, we can "be sure of one thing" that our Lord will give you the grace to go through this trial. Keep updating, still praying...
    Ken and Kristyn Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been prayaying for all of you. It s so hard to to see the little ones suffer, we will pray for rapid improvement today. God bless, John Ruth Baker

    ReplyDelete